Transfer Course Policies

Please note: All transfer courses submitted for credit are subject to approval by the Registrar' Office.

FPU may accept transfer credit for courses from educational institutions accredited by regional agencies recognized by the Council for Higher Education Administration (CHEA) or the following national accrediting organizations: ABHE, ATS, TRACS, or AARTS. Find out if your school's accreditation is recognized by the CHEA, ABHE, ATS, TRACS, OR AARTS.

FPU may also accept a maximum of 30 semester units of elective studies credit from approved non-accredited educational institutions. This approval can be sought through the submission of an academic petition to the Registrar's Office. This submission should be accompanied with a comprehensive list of regionally accredited educational institutions that accept transfer units from the institution being petitioned.

All courses must be baccalaureate level and intended for transfer. Remedial courses and vocational/technical courses are not accepted. Students must complete transfer work with a grade of C- or higher. FPU’s credit is given on a 4.0 grade scale. No upper-division credit can be given for courses taken at a two-year or junior college.

The university can give credit for no more than 70 units of coursework from a two-year or community college. Students must complete 18 of their final 30 units at FPU. All quarter units will be converted to semester units.


Students must submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended in order to receive transfer credit. Official transcripts must be sent to FPU in a sealed, unopened envelope bearing the official logo/seal of the institution and the printed notation of 'official transcripts.'