Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Academic Advising/Mentoring

  1. Who is my advisor/mentor and how can I contact him or her?
    To find out who your advisor/mentor is, log into your CampusCruiser. Under the My Services tab, select "My Profile." You will see your advisor's name and contact information. Your advisor/mentor may also have office hours for in-person meetings.
  2. What services does my advisor/mentor provide?
    Undergraduate: Your mentor supplies your major or minor contract, approves your EdPlan online, approves transfer courses for your major, and ensures you are on track for graduation.
    Degree Completion: Your cohort advisor approves your EdPlan online and keeps you updated on the courses and number of units you need to graduate. Advisors also are available to answer your questions by email, phone or in-person meetings.
    Graduate: Your program advisor will advise you of courses you need to take to complete your credential or master's degree. For teacher education and special education program students, your advisor will also approve your EdPlan online.
  3. My advisor isn't returning my phone calls and/or emails. What should I do?
    If you are not able to reach your advisor/mentor within the week, please contact the Registrar's Office at 559-453-2037.

Academic Petitions and Appeals

  1. What am I allowed to petition?
    Most academic policies, except those that have to do with graduation and commencement requirements.
  2. How do I petition?
    Submit a completed Academic Petition form to the Registrar's Office to begin the decision-making process for your appeal.
  3. If I petition, will I be charged a fee?
    No. There is no fee for processing a petition.
  4. Do petitions always get approved?
    Not necessarily. Petition decisions are made on a case-by-case basis and are often dependent on the accuracy and thoroughness of the information provided by the student.
  5. How long does it take to process an Academic Petition?
    The timeline for a decision on an Academic Petition varies according to the policy being disputed. Please contact the Registrar's Office for an estimated timeframe for your specific appeal.
  6. What is the status of my petition?
    Once a decision has been made on your Academic Petition, an email will be sent to your CampusCruiser email address notifying you of the decision and actions taken.

Course Schedules

  1. How do I find my class schedule online?
    Students may view and print their class schedule through CampusCruiser. Under the Registration tab, select My Class Schedule and the term for which you are registered.
  2. Where will my classes meet?
    Students may view their room assignments through the CampusCruiser class schedule.
  3. I don’t see my class listed on the schedule. How would I find it?
    If a course section is not listed on Search for Classes through CampusCruiser, then it has not been approved for offering. To find out if the course section will be offered, contact the Registrar's Office at 559-453-2037.
  4. Where will my final exam meet?
    Course sections with final exams meet in the same room as the lecture portion of the class, unless otherwise noted or requested. To see if the exam has a different room assignment or to view the time of the exam, please visit our Final Exams page.

Enrollment Verification

  1. How many units are considered full-time? Part-time? Half time?
    Full-time: 12+ units; Half time: 6-8 units; Part-time: less than 6 units
    Full time: 9+ units; Half-time: 5 units; Part-time: less than 5 units
  2. I need an enrollment verification. How can I get one?
    For undergraduate and graduate students, log into your CampusCruiser and select the MyServices tab. Then select Enrollment Verification on the left hand side of the screen. If you are not able to access this information please contact the Registrar’s Office.
    For Degree completion students, please complete the Enrollment Verification form and submit to the Registrar's Office for processing.
  3. My enrollment verification online is inaccurate. How can I fix it?
    You can contact the Registrar’s Office to verify your current enrollment status. The Registrar’s Office can update current enrollment information if needed.


  1. How do I know if I am on track for graduation?
    Traditional Undergraduate Students: Students should meet with their mentor(s) to see if they are on track for graduation, as well as meeting with the program advisor in the Registrar’s Office.  Students will receive semesterly degree evaluation updates from the Registrar's Office once they have completed 85 units.
    Degree Completion Students: Students should meet with their DC program advisor to ensure that they are on track for graduation.
    Graduate Students:  Students should meet with their program advisor to ensure that they are on track for graduation.
  2. How do I know if I am eligible for commencement?
    Students need to have completed or be registered in their final units to be eligible for the commencement ceremony. Students will receive notification from the Registrar's Office regarding their eligibility for commencement within a month of receiving their application for degree. 
  3. How do I know if I am eligible for honors?
    Traditional Undergraduate and Degree Completion Students:  Honors are determined based on a minimum of 45 FPU units and minimum GPA of 3.55. Honors criteria can be found on the graduation page or in the catalog. If you have questions regarding your eligibility you can contact the Registrar's Office.
    Graduate Students: Currently, graduate students do not receive honors.
  4. Why do I need to pay $65 to for my degree application?
    The $65 fee covers processing your degree application, as well as your diploma.
  5. When is graduation?
    Commencement ceremonies occur twice a year. The fall commencement ceremony is in December. The spring ceremony is in May. The exact days and times will be posted to the website once they are determined.
  6. How many tickets will I get for graduation?
    If the commencement ceremony is scheduled indoors, tickets are required. Tickets are determined by the number of seats available divided by the number of students participating. There is also an overflow room with a live video feed where tickets are not required.
    If the commencement ceremony is scheduled outdoors, tickets are not required. Seating is first come, first served.
  7. I graduated a few weeks ago, but haven’t received my diploma yet. When will I get my diploma?
    Diplomas will be processed only after all final grades are posted and all financial obligations to the university are met. Processing may take up to six weeks after the graduation ceremony.
  8. I still owe the university money. Can I participate in graduation/receive my diploma?
    No. All financial obligations to the university must be met before students can participate in commencement and/or receive their diploma.


  1. How can I register for my classes online?
    Please refer to the tutorial for instructions on WebReg or contact the Registrar’s Office at 559-453-2037 for assistance. You will need your CampusCruiser login and password to register online, so please have them ready.
  2. If courses are on my Ed Plan, am I registered?
    No. Once courses are placed on your Ed Plan, you must complete the steps in the Register section from Ed Plan. Undergraduate and degree completion students must have advisor approval before they are able to register for classes.
  3. How can I confirm my registration?
    Please confirm registration in the My Class Schedule link under the Registration tab of your CampusCruiser. If a registration form was submitted (as in a Special Course Approval Form), it may be waiting for approval or in transit. If you have been waiting for more than a week to see your registration, please contact the Registrar's Office at 559-453-2037.
  4. My course is not listed on the schedule. How do I register for it?
    If the course has been approved for offering, but has not been added to the schedule, then contact the Registrar's Office at 559-453-2037 to find out when the course will be listed. If the course is not going to be offered for the desired semester, then a Special Course Approval Form is required. The SCAF should be filled out in conjunction with the program director/advisor.
  5. Why am I charged a late fee?
    A late fee is applied when students register for classes after the class begins. Please see the Academic Calendar for specific deadlines.
  6. I have a hold on my account. How do I clear that up?
    Students must contact Student Financial Services at 559-453-2041 to clear all financial holds. For immunization holds, students must contact the university nurse to clear the hold.
  7. Can I register even if I have not received financial aid?
    Yes. Financial aid is awarded at different times during the semester. As long as you have received notification that your financial aid was approved, you may register.
  8. When is the last day to drop a class? When is the last day to add a class?
    Registration dates are dependent upon the type of class and the program that the class falls under. For more detailed information about the registration dates, click on the Academic Catalog and view the section entitled Registration.
  9. I am on a waitlist for a class. When will I be registered?
    Students must register themselves in the course within 24 hours of receiving an email announcing that a space has opened in the course. If a student does not login to his/her CampusCruiser to register for a course within 24 hours, he/she will be bumped to the bottom of the waitlist.

Transferring from Another Institution

If you are transferring coursework to Fresno Pacific University from another institution, please navigate to Transfer Work.


  1. I need an official transcript. How can I order one?
    To order an official transcript, students must complete the Transcript Request form. Send the completed request to the Registrar’s Office, Fresno Pacific University, 1717 S. Chestnut Ave. Fresno, CA 93702 or fax it to 559-453-3676.
  2. I ordered a transcript and it never arrived. What happened?
    Transcripts are sent to the address indicated on the Transcript Request form. Please contact the Registrar’s Office to verify that the transcript was sent.
  3. I received my transcript, but some of my classes were not on it. What happened?
    Transcripts will list only those courses which were completed and graded. If the grade has not been posted, the course will not appear on the transcript.
  4. I have a financial hold on my account. Can I still order a transcript?
    No. All financial obligations to the university must be cleared before a transcript will be processed.
  5. I need an unofficial transcript. How can I get one?
    A student may obtain an unofficial transcript through his/her CampusCruiser. Under the My Services Tab, select View My Transcripts.